Tonight marks a milestone in our recent transition… this evening we’ll be moving the UOGamers: Hybrid shard to the same location as UOGamers: Demise in an effort to provide a better quality of service and an overall better experience to our players.
The new server address is: 22.214.171.124 Port 2593 or Port 80.
When the server moves tonight the following changes will go into effect:
- MyUOGamers is now operational on the back end, the front end website will take a little time but not require a shard restart.
- Murderers are now permitted in towns again.
- Explosion potions will now to be in your backpack to use them.
- The practice of carrying gold to buy things is archaic and has no basis in reality. Going forward all purchases will auto deduct from your bank account.
- With the amount of gold that can be farmed quickly we needed to make gold weigh less. We’ve dropped gold to .004 stones per piece, meaning that 50,000 gold will weigh 200 stones.
- Monsters with a positive karma will now attack evil monsters.
- If you transfer an ageless house, it will remove the ageless status of the house.
- Veterinarian vendors will now resurrect pets for a fee.
- Rangers can be found throughout the world, which will retrieve your lost or trapped pets for a fee. If you cannot afford to pay for this please do not page. Staff members will not help you with lost pets.
- Monsters will no longer un-peace while taming.
- The Donation System is now online and operational.
- All accounts which were banned are now unbanned.
- The password reset system is now operational… as soon as you see it on the website it will work for you!
- The weight of a bola has been increased.
- The cool down timer for bolas has been increased.
- The remount timers for bolas have been modified slightly, you will notice that faction mounts benefit greatly from this change.
- Bola timers have been adjusted slightly to balance them more carefully in the field.
- The email notifications for account management system will work now!
I cannot tell you how much we appreciate your patience through all of this… I recognize it’s not been easy on any of you and as you can expect it’s been trying for us also.
UOGamers: Hybrid has a bright future ahead and there are many more changes in the works… we will be closing T2A, something I’ve wanted to do forever to bring the playerbase together as well as making some sweeping changes to Factions in an effort to make them much more fun for players.
As with *everything* we do, there is a chance these changes could have a negative effect on the shard… if any change has a negative effect you’re encouraged to voice your opinion and let us know. We aren’t looking to make changes in a vacuum without your input, we’re trying to make the game kick ass for you, our players.
Thanks for everything you’ve done to support us and keep watching here because here at UOGamers, we love doing epic shit.